- Herb Khoresh is a particular dish that I find so uniquely middle eastern. For a start, I love the idea of mixed fragrant herbs as a dish. Put them together in a dish and add beef/chicken/lamb for the extra kick.
- Tempeh is originally from Indonesia - it is a staple food for the Javanese people. Traditionally tempe is wrapped in banana leaves. The traditional way of making tempe interestingly involves stamping on the soybeans to remove the skins.
- This recipe is quite refreshing. As an Indonesian, I grew up eating tempeh throughout my life - in every possible way of cooking; crispy fried tempeh, limpy style fried tempeh (tempe mendoan), tempeh cooked in coconut juice & spices (tempe bacem), stir fried tempeh with green chilies......
- Plantains are native to India and are grown most widely in tropical climates. This vegetable-banana tastes different at every stage of development. The interior color of the fruit will remain creamy.....
- We both are so hooked on sticky date pudding ever since Mike took me to Kohi Cafe in Auckland. We would never miss to order one every time we went to any cafes that listed sticky date pudding on their dessert menu.
- I hesitantly put a scoop of the dark gooey piece into my mouth. Looks can be pretty deceiving. My mind goes blank... WOW!!! They pretty moist with a strong hint of pineapple and caramelized brown sugar