- This is the season I've been waiting for the entire year. Yumberry season. The locals call it "yang mei" or simply "red berry" and it's very popular in Shanghai, probably more than Kumquat fruit. The fruit is only available in the beginning of summer time, right after winter after the plum rain seas[...]
- Asem Asem Ikan atau Asam Padeh Ikan. Green tomatoes are such a rare commodities here in this city. So when I spotted them snuggled in the corner of fresh veggie section I quickly grabbed a handful of them. Green tomatoes means sambal lado mudo, ayam cabai hijau, or something fresh and sour with fish[...]
- Two most popular signature Balinese dish is Bebek Betutu (dirty duck) and crisp-roast suckling pig. If I could list five signature dish, it would be those two dish above, sambal matah, seafood satay (sate lilit) and lawar. Lawar is a popular and most common vegetable dish in Bali
- A non-sweet muffin recipe, one of those recipes which is very typically New Zealand that I've been meaning to reinvent. Last trial on savory muffin was quite a while ago where I tried baking bacon and wild spring onions - freshly picked from the grassland of Inner Mongolia.
- Ceritarasa Cookbook is a collection of alternative recipes from William Wongso's cooking program on Metro TV. I got this special cook book as a giveaway after joining a cooking class featuring Indonesian food hosted by Ritz Carlton Portman in Shanghai. William was a guest chef at the hotel.
- To all foodies in Shanghai.... the enjoy a culinary journey from Indonesia presented by the master himself, William Wongso and a team of chefs from Ritz-Carlton Jakarta.