We haven’t had any red meat in our menu for quite some time. I was hooked on that special sturgeon fish from Beijing. Been having those for many lunches and dinners. I think Michael was sick of the fish at some point, decided to stick with his margarita pizza.
The original recipe calls for goat/lamb fat tissue wrap around individual stick to hold the mixture together in the grilling process. Minced lamb is already a bit too rich for us, so I decided to stuff the mixture with breadcrumbs and a bit of whisked eggs which will hopefully keep them together. Did it work? Uhm, not really… at least they don’t crumble.
* 500 gram lean minced goat/beef (I use 300 gr)
* flat bamboo skewers – soak in water before hand
* 500 gr goat/lamb fat tissue – are you kidding me?
( I used breadcrumbs + eggs instead to add consistency)
* 2 tbs coriander seeds, toasted till fragrant
* 6 cloves garlic
* 1/4 tsp cumin, toasted till fragrant
* 3 pinch of sugar
* 2 tbs tamarind
* pinch of salt
* pinch of maggi
** recipe is adapted from Femina online